Pressure Sensitive Labeling – LabelMax85™
The LabelMax85™ Labeling System is a compact and economically-priced label applicator that is ideal for production rates of up to 85 containers per minute.
LabelMax85™ features a programmable microprocessor that manages specific functions of the operation. The computerized controls are simple and dependable and allow the operator to match speeds of the labeler to the pre-set conveyor speed.
Optical sensors ensure smooth and trouble-free operation. The Liquid Crystal (LCD) Front Panel Display provides real-time information on the labeling process. The units’ simplicity makes it ideal for packaging lines requiring frequent changeovers on a wide variety of products.
Process of Operation:
Containers are loaded onto the main inlet conveyor and are transported to the labeler. As each container enters the labeler, an optical sensor detects the presence, which allows the microprocessor to dispense a single label from the bulk, label-spool. Labels are then applied to each container, by way of the motor drive-belt assembly, which provides gentle label application while allowing for maximum throughput.
- Conveyor mounted assembly.
- Lightweight, rigid construction for long-lasting operation.
- Advanced Stepper Motor and quality Optical Sensor make operations quick, precise and reliable.
- Operation speed is adjustable to a wide range of round container sizes.
- Complete with automatic warning-feature for; label breaks, empty spool and low label volume.
- Functions: (a) Pre-set counter (b) Self-warning (c) Auto-stop conveyor.
- Container shape – round.
- Container Diameter. Smallest – 2.0″ (50.8mm) Largest – 6.0″ (152.4mm)
- Container Height. Shortest – 5″(127mm) Tallest – 12″(304mm)
- Container Labeling Speed – *85 BPM Maximum. Standard 16.9oz.container
- Maximum Label Width = 6″ (152.4mm)
- Minimum Label Width = 2.5″ (63.5mm)
- Label Position on Container = ¼” (6.35mm) less than flat on the Container.
- Maximum Label Length = 11.75″ (298.45mm)
- Minimum Label Length = 2.5″ (63.5mm)
- Length of Label on Container = ¼” (6.35mm) less than Container circumference.
- Label Separation = .125″ (31.75mm) (Minimum Space Between Labels)
- Width of Base Paper = Label Width + 5/32″ (3.98mm)
- Face Stock = Non Transparent
- Adhesive = FASON Part No. DL-50 or equivalent
- Liner = FASON 40#fs or equivalent
- Maximum Spool Diameter = 11.00″ (279.4mm)
- Core Diameter = 3″ (76 mm)
- Wrap around alignment = ±1/8″ (± 3.175 mm)
- Unwind Orientation = #3 or #4. Customer must specify. (Please call if your label supplier requires additional clarification)
- Type of Label protection- 1ml polypropylene laminate (This covering helps to protect the label if the container is submerged in ice)
Manufacturers Label Storage Recommendations:
- Store in a clean dry place.
- Store in a temperature of 62-82°F. (16.6C – 27.7C)
- Store in an area with 40% to 60% relative humidity.
- Rotate stock to assure the best performance of labels.
- Label Placement – Label must be at least 1.5″ (38mm) and no more than 5.25″ (133mm) from bottom of container
- 220 volt, 1 phase, 60 Hz. / 220 volt, 1 phase, 50 Hz
- Maximum amp draw: 18 amps
- Recommended breaker size: 25 amps.
- Other electrical options available upon request.
*Actual power consumption depends on environment and adjustments. Note: Norland reserves the right to change specifications without prior notification. All specifications are approximate ( ±10%).
Note: The electrical installation must be done in accordance with national and local code requirements by a qualified electrician. If any differences are found between this manual or machine and the electrical code, then you must make the necessary adjustments to follow the code. Please consult wiring code for proper wire size required for power connection.